Recipe of the Month | Parrot Key Caribbean Grill
Tangy BBQ Sauce
2 yellow onions (sliced)
5 crushed garlic cloves
1 ½ Tbsp. minced ginger(fresh)
2 tsp Paprika 2 tsp Salt/ Pepper mix
¼ C Honey
1 Tbsp. Molasses
½ C blended oil
¾ C Whiskey
1 C apple cider vinegar
1 7lb-can of ketchup
¾ C Worcestershire
¼ C liquid smoke
2 C Pepsi or Coke(use as needed for consistency)
5 Tbsp. Parrot Key Ye Olde Hot Sauce (sold at Parrot Key Caribbean Grill)
- In a large pot, add blended oil.
- When hot, add yellow onions, garlic cloves, paprika, salt/pepper blend and minced ginger.
- Let cook until caramelized, then carefully add whiskey (CAUTION: FLAMABLE) to deglaze the pan.
- Once whiskey has cooled down, add ketchup, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire, liquid smoke, honey, molasses and Parrot Key Ye Olde Hot Sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a hot holding container and use a hand blender to break up all the caramelized ingredients (NOTE: regular blenders will work as well).
- Finally, add Pepsi or Coke to reach the desired consistency. Enjoy on ribs, chicken and pork!