Top 5 Best Pet Friendly Restaurants
I classify myself as a dog lover. I’ll admit I refer to my Miniature Australian Shepherd, Fender, as my child rather than my pet. Pets are a large part of the family; they should get to be a part of the day’s action no matter the location. Why would you want to go anywhere without your pup in tow? Luckily Southwest Florida is home to many restaurants with excellent patios, and some of them allow you to bring along your dog while you dine. The area’s most pet-friendly restaurants offer delicious food, pet-friendly service and ambiance galore. I’ve scouted out the best pet-friendly restaurants that welcome dogs and diners alike on their patios. Looking for dog friendly restaurants in Southwest Florida? Look no further!
- MERCATO: Next time you visit Mercato, bring your pup with you. They feature 30 restaurants & stores that welcome your pet! Pugs peeking from purses, Chihuahuas in strollers and Poodles on rhinestone leashes – strolling through Mercato is a little bit like watching a posh dog show. You’ll find that most of the shops and restaurants with outdoor seating welcome your well-behaved dog on a leash. Some of my favorite pooch-friendly restaurants include: Naples Flatbread, Whole Foods, & Le Macaron.
- M WATERFRONT GRILLE: Yes, you can even bring your well-behaved canine to an upscale dinner as well. This restaurant has outdoor seating that is dog friendly and benefits from being waterside in Village on Venetian Bay. We took Fender for lunch and our wonderful waiter brought him out a bowl of water and a doggy treat.
- BICE: If you are walking along Fifth Avenue South, you’ll find things dog friendly with a few water stops for pets along the way. You probably won’t be the only person with a leashed friend at Bice Ristorante, an Italian restaurant located at the west end of Fifth Avenue South. It has a pet friendly outdoor patio next to the sidewalk.
- PARROT KEY CARIBBEAN GRILL: Parrot Key is one of my all-time favorite restaurants on Fort Myer Beach. Stop in
and enjoy the open air, relaxed atmosphere and indulge in Caribbean cuisine and delectable desserts. Waiters are quick to bring your dog a cool drink and give it lots of attention while you enjoy dinner on the pet-friendly waterfront patio.
- BELL TOWER SHOPS: Bring your pampered pooch out to Yappy Hour in Bell Tower Shops to kick start your weekend. This event, which takes place the second Friday of each month, is FREE with center court beverage donations benefiting Gulf Coast Humane Society. Shoppers, along with their dogs, will enjoy wine, beer and live music plus special canine treats at participating merchants. All dogs must be leashed. This is the area’s largest pet friendly social hour. There is a long list of pooch-friendly merchants. My favorites include: Bistro 41, Crü, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Victoria’s Secret